Top 10 Things I’m Thankful For
10. Jenny Brown, whose kind words and big heart led me to ethical vegetarianism.
9. That even this silly old girl can grow plants for food, that seeds “know” what to do without my help.
8. A loving family who supports and challenges me to be a good steward of the human race, our planet, and the rest of the beings, big and small, that share our domain.
7. The split second of time (currently more than 45 years, and counting, I hope) I’m getting to enjoy on this fascinating piece of real estate (a/k/a/ earth).
6. Being equipped with a complex brain, strong healthy body, loud voice, and pushy attitude — with a smile, of course! — that helps me to get ‘r done.
5. That my husband is gainfully employed so I get to manage all the little things needed to raise four kids and spend time in my home’s
dysfunctional crappy awesome kitchen.
4. Living nowhere near Super Storm Sandy’s target zone and remembering that, withstanding our own nasty little hurricane just a few years ago, we no longer take for granted how precious life is — and how unpredictable Mother Nature can be.
3. Four beautiful, healthy little mini-me’s (and one super-duper bestie) to kiss and hug and embarrassingly profess loudly that I love them more with every passing day.
2. A new WordPress family (particularly you, sweet Somer) who make our entering the less-than-1% of vegans in Texas not-so-lonely anymore — it’s now an epic adventure!
1. After more than three months, lots of back-and-forth, and discovery of a little oopsy-daisy on my part (geez, again?), the WordPress Gods have got me back on the topics Reader so others can now find me…just in time for my first vegan Thanksgiving. Woo hoo!
* * *